Creating the Extraordinary Student Experience


Disciplinary Record Checks

Our office completes thousands of disciplinary record checks each year for students, former students and third parties.

How long do we report records?

The length of time we report records depends on the outcome of the case.

  • If a student is suspended or dismissed from the university, we report the record permanently.
  • If a student receives a sanction other than suspension or dismissal, we report the record for ten years. 

When reporting disciplinary records, Student Conduct provides:

Student Conduct will issue a Conduct History Report document that will contain the following information if there are reportable records:

  • case number
  • incident date
  • charges resulting in violations
  • resulting sanctions

If there are no reportable records, the Conduct History Report will state "***NO RECORD TO REPORT***."

Protecting Privacy

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects student conduct records. More information about FERPA (PDF)

  • Third parties seeking information about a student's disciplinary record must have written authorization from the student in order for us to disclose their disciplinary history.
  • Students and former students must provide identifying information, such as your date of birth or student identification number.
  • All forms must also be signed and dated.

How long does it take to process a request?

While we can often complete a records check while you wait or within two business days, some cases require more time. Accordingly, please plan for up to a seven-day turn-around.

How do I submit a request?

  • Use the web form found at
  • Please follow all of the instructions found on the web form.
  • In particular, remember that all verification forms you submit using the web form must first be completely filled out and signed!

Other Records

Our office does NOT provide any other additional information.

Examples of information Student Conduct does NOT provide include:

  • enrollment dates
  • grades
  • degrees awarded
  • financial obligations
  • scholarships 
  • character references

Our office provides information regarding disciplinary records only. Please direct inquiries regarding a student's academic standing or knowledge regarding character and fitness to the university Registrar or the student's academic college or advisor.