Creating the Extraordinary Student Experience

Reporting Hazing

A hazing incident may be reported to Student Conduct by anyone: a person who was directly affected by the activity, a person who was involved in the incident; faculty, staff, parents, friends, or community members; or anyone who is generally concerned about a student or group.  If you have witnessed or have knowledge of a possible hazing incident, report the incident immediately to Student Conduct and/or the police.

When reporting, please be prepared to provide the following information as best as you can:

  • What is the name of the organization that you are reporting for acts of hazing?
  • When did the event(s) occur?
  • Where did the event(s) take place?
  • What time of day did the event(s) occur?
  • Who was involved in this event? 
  • Are there any other people that either were present or can corroborate the information you are providing?  Please provide their names and contact information (if available).
  • How did you become aware of the event(s)?
  • Please describe the event(s) in as much detail as possible.
  • Please provide any documentation or photographs you may have.
  • Your name, phone number, and e-mail address

Anonymous Reporting

Student Conduct will investigate all reports of hazing behavior, including those reported anonymously.  However, please be aware that Student Conduct’s ability to investigate hazing incidents depends on the accuracy and specificity of the information you provide. You are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible so that appropriate action can be taken to address the behavior. You have the option to submit a report anonymously, but Student Conduct may be limited in completing the investigation and taking disciplinary action without knowing the source of the report.

You may report incidents of hazing in several ways:

  1. Complete the Hazing Incident Reporting Form and return it to Student Conduct.
  2. Call Student Conduct at 614-292-0748
  3. Contact University Police at 614-292-2121. You may be directed to contact Columbus Police if the incident occurred off campus.